Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
Holiday festive pumpkin pie topped with a crown of streusel.
Pastry for 1 (9-inch) single-crust pie*
1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 (29-ounce) can pumpkin purée
1 large egg
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup cold butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Crust: While making pastry for pie crust, add pecans to the flour before mixing.
- For Filling: In large bowl, blend the egg, pumpkin and condensed milk. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- For Streusel: Combine the brown sugar, flour, chopped pecans, butter and cinnamon with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel mixture on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.