Turtle Pecan Pie
The all the flavors of the classic candy confection—chocolate, caramel and pecans—in a fabulous ice cream pie.
1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
1/3 cup butter
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 quart vanilla ice cream - divided use
16 pecan halves, toasted
Jar of caramel sauce
- Mix together chocolate cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 9-inch pie plate and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Combine chocolate chips, evaporated milk, marshmallows and salt in a large saucepan. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Spread 2 cups ice cream into prepared crust; cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Pour half of chocolate mixture over ice cream layer; cover and freeze 30 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining ice cream and chocolate mixture. Press pecan halves into top of pie. Cover and freeze.
- Serve with caramel sauce spooned over sliced pie.
Makes 8 servings.