Zesty Cream Topped Orange Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie flavored with orange peel and a wonderful creamy sour cream topping is the perfect way to end a meal.
1 (9-inch) deep-dish unbaked pie crust*
1 (30-ounce) can LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel - divided use
1 1/4 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). If using frozen pie shell, place on baking sheet.
- Combine pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk, eggs and 1 teaspoon orange peel in large bowl. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C). Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, sugar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons orange peel in medium bowl. Carefully spread over top of pie.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.