Grilled Tuna Italiano Pizza
During the hot summer months, skip the oven and go for the grill. This easy pizza is a great way to enjoy a variety of nutritious foods without heating up the whole house.
1 (6-ounce) pre-baked individual whole-wheat pizza crust
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1 teaspoon minced shallots
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons fresh-chopped basil
1/4 teaspoon fresh-crushed garlic
1 (5-ounce) can Chicken of the Sea Genova Tonno Tuna in Olive Oil
- Preheat grill to 350°F (175°C).
- Place pizza crust on pizza pan or directly on grill rack.
- Sprinkle cheese over crust; grill with lid closed until cheese is melted (about seven minutes).
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine tomatoes, shallots, red wine vinegar and garlic; set aside.
- Flake tonno tuna evenly over pizza.
- Spoon tomato mixture over tuna; sprinkle basil over pizza.
- Grill five minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of ChickenoftheSea.com; through ARA Content.