Oriental Stir-Fry Pizza
If you love pizza and Thai food, then you've just found the recipe for your new favorite pizza created by Chef Phillip Koenig.
1 (14 inch) prepared dough ball
14 ounces chicken breast, cut into strips
1 cup snow peas
3/4 cup red pepper strips
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup green onions, diced
3/4 cup baby corn ears
1/2 cup hot stir-fry oil
1 cup peanut satay sauce
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
2 cups Wisconsin Hot Pepper Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, crushed
1/2 cup fried rice noodles
Peanut Satay Sauce:
6 cloves garlic (pounded)
3 shallots, minced
2 teaspoons hot powdered cayenne pepper
1/2 cup lemon peel
2 tablespoons stir-fry oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (12 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter
15 ounces water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pre-bake pizza shell for 10 minutes.
- Sauté chicken strips, snow peas, red peppers, celery, green onions and baby corn in stir-fry oil until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Brush pizza shell with peanut satay sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Arrange sautéed chicken and vegetables on shell. Top with Wisconsin cheese and peanuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 12 to 18 minutes. Top immediately with rice noodles for crunch.
- For Peanut Satay Sauce: Stir fry garlic, shallots, cayenne and lemon peel in oil. Remove lemon peel. Add the lemon juice and simmer for a minute. Add peanut butter and water. Bring to a boil. Add sugar and salt. Boil until thickened.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.