Marinated strips of sautéed chicken, sliced red onion and potato, mozzarella and asiago cheeses top this pizza created by Chef Tony Palombino.
3 cups pineapple juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium baking potato, sliced
Granulated garlic, salt and pepper to taste
1 (12-ounce) dough ball
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
Dash crushed red pepper flakes
1 medium red onion, sliced
5 ounces shredded Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
2 ounces shredded Wisconsin Asiago cheese
- In large zipper plastic bag or bowl, combine pineapple juice, honey, jalapeño pepper, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; mix well. Add chicken; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- In medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil; add potato slices. Season with garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until tender; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade. In clean skillet, cook chicken until browned; set aside.
- Hand stretch dough to 14 inches; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with basil, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Top with cooked chicken strips, red onion and potato slices, then cheeses.
- Bake in oven at 450°F (230°C) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings hot.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.