Race-Winning Three-Cheese Pizza
Serve your family and friends pizza with a taste to win the race.
1 large clove garlic, peeled, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 large (10 ounce) purchased thin pizza crust
1 cup grated Wisconsin Asiago cheese
1 cup grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
4 ounces fresh Wisconsin Mozzarella, drained and sliced 1/8-inch thick (available in deli departments)
3 large Roma or Compari tomatoes, sliced in 1/8-inch slices
4 tablespoons basil leaves, cut in thin slivers
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 475°F (245°C).
- Heat garlic and olive oil together in small skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until garlic is golden brown.
- Brush garlic oil mixture evenly over top of pizza crust. Sprinkle Wisconsin Asiago and Wisconsin Parmesan cheeses evenly over pizza crust. Top with a slightly overlapping layer of tomato slices; top tomatoes with fresh Wisconsin Mozzarella slices. Sprinkle with basil.
- Carefully slide filled pizza crust onto hot stone.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.