Turkey Sausage Pizza
Recipe courtesy of National Turkey Federation.
1 pound turkey sausage
1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Prepare crust according to package directions for round pizza.
- Evenly spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Evenly sprinkle sausage over pizza sauce.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and edge of crust is lightly browned.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 373; Total Fat: 17g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 980mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Turkey Federation.