All-American Pork Baby Back Ribs
If you don't have a favorite homemade sauce, 'doctor' up purchased sauce with flavorful ingredients like chili powder, soy sauce, fresh gingerroot, honey and hot mustard.
4 pounds pork back ribs
Your favorite barbecue sauce (purchased or homemade)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs on a medium-hot grill over indirect heat; close grill hood and grill until ribs are tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (add more charcoal briquettes to fire, if necessary, to maintain grill temperature of about 325 to 350°F (175°C).
- Finish by turning and basting ribs with barbecue sauce for the last 15 minutes.
- Serve ribs directly from the grill or, for extra tender ribs remove from grill, wrap in heavy aluminum foil. Place foil-wrapped ribs in brown paper bags, close bags and let ribs rest for up to an hour.
- Unwrap ribs, cut into serving pieces and serve with extra barbecue sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 860 calories Protein 53 grams Fat 64 grams Sodium 1230 milligrams Cholesterol 245 milligrams Saturated Fat 23 grams Carbohydrates 16 grams Fiber 2 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.