Apple-Mustard Glazed Ham
The sweet and tangy glaze turns an ordinary baked ham into a special feast!
1 cup apple jelly
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (5 to 7-pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly mustard, lemon juice and nutmeg; bring to a boil; stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2-inch deep; insert a clove in each diamond.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncover at 325°F (160°C) for 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer reads 140°F (60°C). During the last 30 minutes of baking, brush with glaze twice.
- Allow ham to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.