Apricot-Glazed Pork Kabobs
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 (10-ounce) jar apricot preserves
4 tablespoons orange liquor, or orange juice
2 tablespoons butter
- Stir together apricot preserves, orange liquor and butter, simmer in a small saucepan until butter is melted. (OR combine ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure; microwave on High 1 minute).
- Place pork cubes in heavy plastic bag, pour 3/4 cup apricot mixture over to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Thread pork onto 4 to 6 skewers (if using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 20 to 30 minutes before using).
- Grill over hot coals 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste often with the marinade.
- Warm remaining apricot sauce to boiling and serve alongside kabobs, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.