Backyard Barbecue Spareribs
2 slabs pork spareribs
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups cherry cola soft drink
1/4 cup vinegar
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
- Prepare a medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle style grill.
- Cut each slab of ribs between ribs into four pieces.
- Place rib-side-down over indirect heat and grill for 1 1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan combine catsup, Worcestershire sauce, cherry cola, vinegar, paprika, chili powder, pepper and onion; simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce and continue to cook, about 20 to 30 minutes, basting and turning often, until ribs are nicely glazed.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 790 calories Protein 41 grams Fat 54 grams Sodium 1080 milligrams Cholesterol 175 milligrams Saturated Fat 20 grams Carbohydrates 36 grams Fiber 2 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.