Balsamic-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Robust balsamic vinegar combines with a touch of brown sugar to make a delectable glaze for this pork roast. A quick browning gives the pork color and seals in the juices for a more tender dish.
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse pork under cool running water. Trim excess fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; place pork in skillet. Sear each side to brown entire surface. Remove meat from pan; set aside on a warm plate.
- Add vinegar to skillet, stirring to scrape any cooked bits of meat from skillet. Reduce heat to medium; stir in brown sugar; mix well to make a glaze. Return tenderloin to skillet; spoon glaze over meat.
- Place pork in a small roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove pork from oven; allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle any pan juices over top.
Makes 4 servings.