Tangy flavor of shredded pork for sandwiches. A taste of summer out of your oven. Serve with coleslaw and baked beans.
3 pound boneless pork loin roast
1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
2 cups hot water
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
12 to 16 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Sprinkle pork roast generously with garlic salt. Place roast in roasting pan with cover.
- Dissolve bouillon granules in hot water; pour over roast. Cover.
- Roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until you can break the meat apart with fork.
- Remove pork from roasting pan. Carefully pour enough of the pan juices through strainer into measuring cup to measure 1 cup; discard remaining pan juices.
- For sauce, combine reserved 1 cup pan juices, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, honey, dried minced onion and Worcestershire sauce in small saucepan. Heat and stir until bubbly.
- Use 2 forks to shred pork. Return shredded pork to roasting pan. Pour sauce over pork in roasting pan; stir to coat pork.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 1 hour more, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Serve in hamburger buns.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 380 calories Protein 27 grams Fat 14 grams Sodium 513 milligrams Cholesterol 68 milligrams Saturated Fat 5 grams Carbohydrates 35 grams Fiber 1 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.