This baby back rib recipe comes straight from Kansas City, the barbecue capital of America. The sauce and ribs are slow-cooked separately for maximum flavor.
6 oranges, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
4 rib racks, 1 pound each
2 cups orange juice
- In a roasting pan, form a bed of orange and onion slices.
- Mix the coriander, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Coat the ribs with this mixture, evenly on both sides.
- Lay the seasoned ribs on the orange bed and pour the orange juice over them. Cover with tin foil.
- Place the pan with the ribs on a KitchenAid grill at low, indirect heat for about an hour or until fork tender. Remove from the grill.
- Heat the grill to medium and place the partially cooked ribs directly on the rack.
- Cover and cook, turning once, until they're browned-about 8 to 10 minutes. Brush with our classic BBQ sauce and continue cooking for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.