Bourbon Pecan Pork Chops 'N Apples
The combination of pork, pecans and apples are tantalizing in this simple recipe.
3/4 cup bourbon - divided use
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 (2-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops
1 1/2 teaspoons salt - divided use
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper - divided use
1 1/2 cups pecan pieces, toasted - divided use
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 (12-ounce) package STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples
2 tablespoons butter
- Stir together 1/2 cup bourbon, lemon rind, and lemon juice in a shallow dish; add pork chops, turning to coat. Let stand 30 minutes, turning once. Remove from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Pulse 1 cup pecans in a food processor until ground. Stir together ground pecans and flour; press mixture evenly over pork chops.
- Brown pork chops in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side; add 1/4 cup water.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into center registers 155°F (approximately 65°C). Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; let stand 2 minutes.
- Cook reserved marinade and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat 10 minutes. Stir in escalloped apples, remaining 1/4 cup bourbon, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Cook mixture until thoroughly heated. Serve over pork chops, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.