Braised Pork Chops with Grapefruit
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Citrus.
1/4 grapefruit, or two tangelos, peeled and sectioned
4 pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
All-purpose flour, as needed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
2 fresh pears core and quartered
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon dried leaf marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flour pork chops liberally on both sides.
- In large skillet, heat butter or margarine, and oil over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and sauté onion rings in fat remaining in skillet.
- Return chops to skillet; add pears and water; sprinkle with marjoram and cinnamon. Cook over low heat 1 hour and 15 minutes until chops are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Add grapefruit or tangelo sections, heat briefly. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Department of Citrus.