Cheesy Broccoli and Ham Bake
Ham, rice and broccoli are smothered in a creamy cheese sauce for a deliciously satisfying meal. A handful of buttered bread crumbs add a crisp finish to this dish.
1 cup rice
1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups chopped ham
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and chop.
- In a medium baking dish, combine condensed soup and sour cream. Stir in broccoli, ham and rice; mix well.
- In a bowl combine bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over ham mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: If you don't have rice on hand, substitute 3 cups of cooked small pasta.