Citrus-Glazed Baby Back Ribs
A citrus and mint-laced sauce gives a fresh new personality to ribs on the grill. Serve with a fruit salad with poppy seed dressing and warm dinner rolls.
4 slabs pork back ribs, about 6 pounds
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups orange juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, mint and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in orange and lime juice. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime and lemon peel; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Lay ribs on two large shallow pans; salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 3 hours, until tender.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.
- Brush ribs with sauce.
- Grill ribs directly over fire, turning frequently and brushing generously with sauce, until ribs are well glazed, about 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 1340 calories Protein 74 grams Fat 107 grams Sodium 540 milligrams Cholesterol 365 milligrams Saturated Fat 40 grams Carbohydrates 16 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.