Clyde Drexler's Baby Back Ribs
Basketball legend Clyde Drexler's own recipe for finger-licking good baby back ribs.
3 ounces light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons ground coriander
4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
4 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 rack of pork ribs
1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the brown sugar, coriander, cayenne pepper, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl. Adjust the seasonings to best match your family's taste.
- Sprinkle the rub on the ribs and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- If cooking in the oven, cover the sheet pan with aluminum foil, taking care to tent the top, so that the rub does not stick to the foil. Then, place pan on the center rack of the oven for 2 hours at 250°F (120°C). If using a grill, put the ribs in a preheated grill for 3 hours at 375°F (190°C).
- Flip as needed, but not too often. The bone should protrude 3/4-inch to 1 1/2-inches from the meat.
- Add your favorite barbecue sauce a couple minutes before you take them off the grill/out of the oven.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Recipe provided by via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.