Company's Coming Pork Roast
Your grandmother probably made a roast like this. It's a timeless favorite. Serve with your favorite sides.
2 to 3 pound boneless pork roast
1/2 cup honey mustard
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 (16-ounce) cans peach halves, drained
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl mix together Glaze ingredients.
- Place peach halves in shallow baking dish, cut side up. Sprinkly peaches with combined 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon; dot with butter.
- Spread Glaze over surface of roast and continue to roast for 20 to 30 more minutes, until internal temperature, measured with a meat thermometer, reads 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Place peaches in oven for 15 minutes to heat through.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice roast and serve surrounded by peaches.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 290 calories Protein 25 grams Fat 11 grams Sodium 140 milligrams Cholesterol 70 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 25 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.