Fast and Easy Garlic and Lime Butterfly Pork Chops
Make it fast with this first place winner from Laura Robinson of Mulkeytown, IL at the Du Quoin State Fair.
4 boneless pork chops, butterfly cut, about 1/2-inch thick
3 limes, only juice (6 tablespoons)
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup salsa ranch dressing (such as Spicy Ranch Dressing)
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 2 ounces)
- Place the pork in a shallow dish, add the lime juice and garlic, turn several times to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add two of the pork chops, cook 2 minutes to brown one side. Set aside on separate plate, browned side up. Repeat with remaining oil and pork chops. Turn pork chops, add the reserved pork chops, reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 9 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160°F (70°C).
- Remove pork and set aside on separate plate.
- Add dressing to liquid in skillet, stir until completely blended. Place pork on top of sauce, sprinkle cheese evenly over pork, cover and cook 2 minutes to melt cheese.
Makes 4 servings; 1 pork chop plus 1/4 cup sauce per serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 recipe): Calories: 620 calories; Protein: 53 grams; Fat: 42 grams; Sodium: 620 milligrams; Cholesterol: 165 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 10 grams; Carbohydrates: 2 grams; Fiber: 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.