Fruity Holiday Roast Pork
A festive and delicious fruit and rice stuffed pork roast for the holidays.
1 (4.2-ounce) package long grain garden vegetable rice
1/3 cup diced onion
1/3 cup diced, dried apricots
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 (5-pound) boneless center cut pork roast*
1 (16-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1/3 cup sherry
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Combine rice, onion and apricots; cook as directed on rice package.
- Combine apricot preserves and garlic in a small glass mixing bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute on high. Remove and stir until smooth.
- Lay roast out lengthwise. Spread preserves, then rice, evenly over meat. Roll roast and secure with cooking string or T-pins. Place in pan seam side down. Cook for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink or registers 160ºF (70ºC) on a meat thermometer. Combine cranberry sauce and sherry in a medium glass mixing bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 2 minutes on high. Serve over meat.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
*Ask the butcher to prepare roast for stuffing.
Recipe provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.