Garlic lovers unite! Add more variety to the already savory, smoky flavor of ham. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes, buttered broccoli and seasonal fruit salad.
1 (3 to 4-pound) center-cut cooked ham
2 to 4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup molasses
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Peel and slice garlic.
- Using the tip of a paring knife, cut slits in ham roast. Insert garlic slices into slits.
- Stir together molasses and pepper in small bowl. Spread molasses mixture over ham. Wrap ham with heavy-duty foil.
- Place foil-wrapped ham in roasting pan. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until internal temperature as measured with a meat thermometer is 140°F (60°C).
- Serve warm or refrigerate until completely chilled. Slice for sandwiches or cube for salads or main dishes.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.