Garlic and Cumin Grilled Pork Loin Roast
This Greek-inspired pork roast is the star of a Mediterranean feast your guests will enjoy. Serve with rice pilaf, grilled pita bread and a green salad laced with crumbled feta cheese and kalmata olives. Serve baklava and strong coffee for the perfect dessert.
1 (2 to 3-pound) boneless pork loin roast
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons ground cumin
8 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place olive oil, cumin, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, pepper and salt in bowl of food processor; process to a smooth paste (or place in blender and blend well).
- Place pork in shallow pan; rub with paste, cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot banked fire in covered grill.
- Grill pork over indirect heat, away from fire, for about an hour, until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reads 150°F to 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Remove roast from grill, let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 330 calories Protein 38 grams Fat 18 grams Sodium 150 milligrams Cholesterol 110 milligrams Saturated Fat 5 grams Carbohydrates 1 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.