Golden Stuffed Pork Chops
Take a basic thick chop and give it a twist using the standard stuffing. Serve this rice-stuffed chop with buttered corn and a fresh green salad.
6 pork chops, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 -inches thick
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup cooked rice
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
11/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons drippings
- Using a small knife, make a pocket in each chop by cutting into the center from the rib side, parallel to the rib bone and the surface of the chop.
- For stuffing, cook onion in butter until transparent and combine with rice, cheese, worcestershire sauce, 1 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Fill pockets with 3 tablespoons stuffing.
- Lightly brown chops in drippings. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt, place on rack in roasting pan; cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until done.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.