Grilled Leg of Pork
Grill-roast a fresh leg of pork for something different from the grill. Serve grilled pork in sandwich buns with corn and black bean salad, macaroni salad and sliced tomatoes in vinaigrette.
1 (4-pound) boneless leg of pork
3/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle-style grill.
- Place pork over indirect heat, cover grill and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until internal temperature, measured with a meat thermometer, registers 150°F to 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl combine chili sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and garlic; mix well.
- Brush pork frequently with sauce during the last hour of grilling time.
- Let pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 390 calories Protein 51 grams Fat 19 grams Sodium 120 milligrams Cholesterol 165 milligrams Saturated Fat 7 grams Carbohydrates 1 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.