Grilled Pork and Onions Caribbean-Style
Marinated pork chops and onions are grilled together to make a tasty Caribbean-style dish.
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon powdered coriander (or use ground cumin)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 onions, sliced
4 boneless pork loin chops
- In a bowl combine lime juice, oil, crushed garlic cloves, salt, coriander, and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Arrange thinly sliced onions in a large, shallow dish. Arrange pork chops over onion slices; pour reserved lime marinade over all. Cover and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning often.
- Meanwhile heat grill (if using coals, wait until they turn white). Place the pork and onions over hot coals for 10 minutes, brushing with the marinade. Turn and cook until done.
Makes 4 servings.
- Do not use any leftover marinade as a table sauce UNLESS it has been heated to BOILING first; otherwise discard remaining marinade.
- All pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).