Grilled Pork Chops with Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
These grilled pork chops offer layers of flavor that belie their simplicity. The dried tomato vinaigrette makes a sweet and tangy flavor marriage with the chops. Complete the meal with grilled French bread slices, brushed with a little flavored oil and cooked penne pasta tossed with Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil.
4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped dried tomatoes
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place pork chops in large self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl cover dried tomatoes with hot water, let stand for 10 minutes, drain well.
- To tomatoes in small bowl add 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegar, onion and pepper to taste; stir to combine well, set aside.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill.
- Remove chops from marinade, discarding remaining marinade. Grill over fire for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve chops with vinaigrette.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 430 calories Protein 23 grams Fat 36 grams Sodium 200 milligrams Cholesterol 55 milligrams Saturated Fat 6 grams Carbohydrates 3 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.