Ham and Noodle Tarts
Let the kids help with these tarts—they feature favorite flavors of ham and cheese, and are kid-sized too.
1/4 pound ham, chopped
4 ounces Swiss cheese
3 green onions
1 cup alphabet noodles, or small egg noodles, uncooked
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 36 mini (or 12 regular) muffin pan cups generously. Set aside.
- Chop ham, cheese and green onions finely; set aside.
- Cook noodles following label directions, just to the al dente state; drain. Mix drained noodles into ham mixture.
- Divide mixture among the muffin pan cups. (Bake tarts in 3 batches if there is only 1 pan.)
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly, stir in half and half, salt and nutmeg. Spoon liquid mixture over the ham mixture in muffin pans, dividing evenly among them.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Ease out of pan gently, using a sharp knife around the edge if necessary. Transfer to warm serving platter; serve piping hot.
Makes 36 mini tarts or 12 regular tarts.
Make-ahead tip: Tarts may be refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days before serving. Reheat in a 350°F (175°C) oven until hot, about 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe; 3 mini tarts or 1 regular tart): Calories: 303 calories; Protein: 18 grams; Fat: 20 grams; Sodium: 465 milligrams; Cholesterol: 215 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 10 grams; Carbohydrates: 12 grams; Fiber: 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.