Ham with Mango Glaze
A glaze made with fresh mango, lemon, honey and warm spices easily adds a delicious tropical flair to ham.
2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cubed
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 (3-pound) boneless ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place mangoes, honey, lemon juice and spices in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
- Score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife and place in a shallow baking dish. Brush with some of the mango glaze.
- Bake ham for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer reaches 140°F (60°C) when inserted into middle of ham, basting with glaze frequently.
- Slice ham and serve with any remaining glaze.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Mango Board.