Honey Pork Tenderloin Kabobs
Give your grill a new thrill with these honeyed bourbon-spiked kabobs. Serve with favorite potato salad, grilled corn on the cob and cold melon for dessert.
1/2 cup bourbon*
1/2 cup each honey, mustard
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
3 to 4 sweet potatoes cut into 24 one-inch cubes
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
4 medium ripe unpeeled peaches, pitted and quartered
4 green peppers, each cut into 8 (2-inch) pieces
8 yellow onion, each cut into 4 (2-inch) pieces
Oil for grilling
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well and set aside.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until crisp-tender.
- Thread 3 sweet potato cubes, 3 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, 4 green pepper pieces and 4 onion pieces alternately onto each of eight 10-inch skewers.
- Brush kabobs with honey mixture.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated, basting occasionally.
Makes 4 servings.
*Bourbon is optional, can substitute 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 640 calories Protein 42 grams Fat 12 grams Sodium 290 milligrams Cholesterol 110 milligrams Saturated Fat 3 grams Carbohydrates 77 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.