Honey Sesame Tenderloin
Roasting this marinated tenderloin whole in a hot oven only takes 15 minutes or so, enough time to cook a pot of rice and steam a green vegetable.
1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon grated ginger root
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons sesame seed
- Place tenderloin in self-sealing bag; add soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil; seal bag and toss to mix thoroughly. Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Remove tenderloin from marinade, discarding marinade.
- On shallow plate mix together honey and brown sugar; place sesame seed on another plate.
- Roll tenderloin in honey mixture to coat evenly, then roll in sesame seed. Place in shallow pan and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until internal temperature reads 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Remove to serving platter and slice to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 330 calories Protein 28 grams Fat 9 grams Sodium 830 milligrams Cholesterol 65 milligrams Saturated Fat 2 grams Carbohydrates 32 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.