Honey Whiskey Clove-Glazed Ham
A honey of a ham for your holiday table.
3/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey*
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 (5-pound) bone-in fully cooked ham, spiral sliced
- Combine honey, bourbon and cloves in small bowl until well blended.
- Place ham, cut-side down, in roasting pan; brush with honey mixture. Cover pan with foil and bake at 275°F (135°C) about 1 hour or until heated through.
- Remove foil from ham and increase oven temperature to 425°F (220°C).
- Brush with honey mixture.
- Bake about 10 minutes more or until ham is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on serving platter. Pour juices over ham.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
*2 teaspoons vanilla can be substituted for bourbon.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.