Imperial Pork Cutlets
Serve these Asian-fusion, quick-braised chops with steamed snowpeas, fried rice and a fruit salad.
4 boneless pork chops, about 1 pound trimmed
1/4 cup rice vinegar, or white distilled vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
4 cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Pat chops dry with paper toweling and set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together vinegar, soy sauce, honey and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- Heat oils in 10-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook about 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low. Add vinegar mixture; cover and cook until chops are fork-tender, about ten minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 229 calories Protein 24 grams Fat 9 grams Sodium 832 milligrams Cholesterol 70 milligrams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.