Medallions of Pork with Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
Pan-grilled pork loin medallions are served with a brightly flavored red pepper pan sauce.
8 (3 to 4-ounce) boneless pork loin slices, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 sweet (bell) red peppers, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 dried bay leaf
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place pork between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Brown pork in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Saute red pepper, onion, and garlic in pan drippings over medium heat until tender. Stir in broth, cumin, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add vegetable mixture, butter, and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Return pork and sauce to skillet; simmer until sauce is thickened. Remove to a serving platter; sprinkle with cilantro.
Makes 8 servings.