Nutty Blue Cheese-Stuffed Pork Chops
This easy-to-prepare entrée is elegant enough to serve for company and simple enough to prepare for a weeknight. Bold flavors from the blue cheese mingle with the crunch of the pecans and subtle sauce. Serve with Alfredo-sauced noodles and steamed snap peas.
4 bone-in pork loin rib chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
1/2 cup carrot, shredded
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup plain yogurt
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
Dash ground black pepper
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- For stuffing, stir together carrot, pecans, 1/4 cup blue cheese, green onion and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl.
- Cut opening in each chop from the outer side; widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop. Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of the stuffing. Secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, covered, over medium fire until internal temperature is 160°F | 70°C (check temperature in thickest part of meat).
- For sauce, stir together yogurt and flour in small saucepan. Whisk in milk, bouillon granules and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, whisking constantly. Cook and whisk for 2 minutes more. Stir in 2 tablespoons blue cheese, if desired.
- Remove toothpicks from chops. Spoon sauce over chops.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 296 calories Protein 28 grams Fat 16 grams Sodium 266 milligrams Cholesterol 72 milligrams Saturated Fat 5 grams Carbohydrates 8 grams Fiber 1 gram.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.