Orange Baked Pork Tenderloin
Serve this orange and thyme roasted pork tenderloin with hot cooked rice and buttered broccoli.
2 pounds pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or sage, crushed
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Orange juice (about 3/4 cup)
2 teaspoons aromatic bitters
- Pat tenderloins dry with paper toweling.
- Mix butter, thyme and cayenne; spread mixture on the tenderloins. Place meat in a 12x8x2-inch buttered baking dish. Pour 1 cup orange juice into pan.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155°F to 160°F (approximately 65°C to 70°C). Baste several times with cooking liquid. Remove cooked tenderloins from pan, keep warm.
- Measure cooking liquid, adding orange juice to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Mix flour and sugar with 2 tablespoons orange juice and bitters in a saucepan. Add cooking liquid. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- To serve, slice tenderloins into 1-inch slices and spoon sauce over all.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 196 calories Protein 25 grams Fat 7 grams Sodium 81 milligrams Cholesterol 74 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.