Oven BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Carole Webster of Penn Valley, California won first place at the Nevada County Fair with this oven-roasted recipe. Serve with roasted potato spears and your favorite salad.
2 racks baby back pork ribs, about 4 pounds total
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (12-ounce) can beer
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, stir until well blended.
- Rub onion powder mixture evenly on ribs.
- Place ribs on broiler rack and pan and place in oven.
- Pour beer and water in bottom of pan through spaces of broiler rack.
- Cover ribs with foil, seal tightly, cook 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Heat broiler.
- Remove foil, brush barbecue sauce evenly over both sides of ribs and broil 4 inches away from heat source 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbling and beginning to brown.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.