Pasta Primavera with Ham
Chunks of smoked ham, crisp-tender vegetables and bow-tie pasta tossed in a Dijon mustard cream sauce.
8 ounces bow-tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
12 thin asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
8 ounces smoked ham, diced
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In small saucepan, bring 1-inch of salted water to boil, add asparagus and carrots; return to boil; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook until slightly softened, about 30 seconds longer. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, brown ham in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream, chicken broth and mustard; boil sauce for 2 minutes, stirring up browned bits.
- Add vegetable mixture and the cooked pasta to skillet. Toss until sauce coats pasta/vegetable mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Makes 2 servings.