Pecan-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Pinwheels
with Carolina Mustard Sauce
Chris Lilly from Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q created this spectacular tenderloin dish. You can also use these medallions as part of an appetizer buffet.
1 (1-pound) whole pork tenderloin
6 slices thin sliced bacon
Carolina Mustard Sauce:
3/4 cup prepared mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons catsup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut pork lengthwise into six 1/4-inch slices. Separate slices; place on cutting board (slices should be the size and shape of the bacon). Place a slice of bacon on each pork slice. Starting at one end, roll up into a spiral. Secure with 2 wooden toothpicks.
- For Carolina Mustard Sauce, combine mustard, honey, vinegar, catsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the sauce until ready to serve. Brush remaining sauce over pork. Combine pecans, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Cut each pork spiral in half to form 2 pinwheels (12 total) and the secure ends with water-soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers. Coat each pork spiral with pecan mixture.
- Grill pinwheels on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-high heat (375°F to 400°F / 190°C to 205°C) until pork is slightly pink in center, 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
- To serve, drizzle reserved sauce over pinwheels.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 407 calories Protein 22 grams Fat 23 grams Sodium 945 milligrams Cholesterol 57 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 33 grams Fiber 3 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.