Plum Sweet and Savory Ribs
Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.
8 coarsely chopped fresh California plums
1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
1 clove garlic, minced
1 rack pork spareribs (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- In a blender or food processor, whirl plums until blended.
- In 1-quart microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients, except ribs.
- Microwave on high, uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes until thick.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Baste both sides of the rib rack with sauce and place on the barbecue grill.
- Continue basting and turning frequently until cooked through, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove ribs from grill and brush with sauce before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 537; Total Fat: 26g; Cholesterol: 158mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 47g; Sodium: 250mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.