Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Skip the take out tonight. Have the family help with this stir-fry. Don't forget the eggrolls, hot rice and fortune cookies.
1 pound boneless pork loin
1 bunch fresh broccoli
1 red or green bell pepper
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment (optional)
- Partially freeze pork; slice across grain into 1/4-inch slices. Set aside.
- Clean broccoli, slice stalks into 1/4-inch slices; cut off the flowerettes. Set aside.
- Remove stem and seeds from pepper and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, oyster-flavored sauce, soy sauce, and ginger; set aside.
- Pour oil around top of preheated wok to cover sides. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, broccoli stalks, pepper and garlic; stir-fry 4 minutes or until pork is browned.
- Add broccoli flowerettes, mushrooms and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth mixture; gradually add to wok, mix well. Cook 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.