Pork and Peanut Stir-Fry
This flavorful stir-fry will please the whole family. Lean pork loin and healthful vegetables make this a nutritious choice for dinner.
1/2 pound boneless pork loin,cut into strips
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch - divided use
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Lite soy sauce - divided use
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided use
1 medium carrot, cut diagonally into 1/8-inch thick slices
1 medium onion, sliced
2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/8-inch thick slices
1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
Hot cooked rice
- Coat pork slices with mixture of 1 tablespoon EACH cornstarch and soy sauce, and ginger. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce with vinegar, garlic powder and 1/2 cup water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until browned; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pan. Add onion and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in pork and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in peanuts; serve immediately with rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.