Pork Chops and Potatoes
A hearty and satisfying pork chop and hash brown potato casserole topped with French fried onions and cheddar cheese.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 thick-cut pork chops
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (24-ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 (6-ounce) can French fried onions
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season pork chops with seasoned salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine soup, milk, sour cream and potatoes. Mix in half of the fried onions and half of the cheese. Heat until cheese melts.
- Spread potato mixture evenly into baking dish. Arrange pork chops over potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining fried onions and remaining cheese.
- Bake for additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Makes 6 servings.