Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple
Marinated pork chops grilled with pineapple slices.
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices packed in juice
1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 pounds pork chops
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Select one pineappIe slice per pork chop; wrap the rest and reserve for another use. Measure 1/4 cup pineapple juice into a shallow baking dish for each 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing called for in the recipe. Discard the rest or reserve for another use.
- To the pineapple juice, add Italian salad dressing, brown sugar and soy sauce. Add pork chops and turn to coat. Cover and marinate refrigerated for 3 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil.
- Grill the pork chops, basting with the marinade, 10 to 12 minutes per side.
- Also, grill pineapple slices pineapple chunks until golden, basting often.
- Serve over white rice, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.