Pork Medallions in Brandy Pear Sauce
A special occasion would be anytime this dish is served. Serve with baked potatoes and steamed mixed vegetables.
1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon butter
1 small onion, minced
1 (16-ounce) can pears in heavy syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pear brandy or pear schnapps
- Coat each side of medallions with pepper, set aside.
- Combine pears, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice, salt and brandy in blender container and puree. Place pear puree in saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add medallions and onion to pan. Brown pork on one side, about 2 minutes, turn.
- Add pear mixture to pan, adjust heat to a simmer. Continue cooking 7 to 8 minutes.
- Serve medallions with sauce on side.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.