Pork Roast with Apple-Mustard Glaze
The aroma of this pork roast, with its gravy full of autumn flavors, will bring your crowd in from their touch football match or leaf raking. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
1 (3-pound) boneless pork sirloin roast
1/2 of a 6-ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tart apples, cored and sliced in wedges
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan.
- Stir together apple juice concentrate, vinegar, honey, mustard, soy sauce and seasonings and brush over pork.
- Roast in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with apple juice mixture.
- Add apple wedges to roasting pan and continue to roast another 30 to 45 minutes, until internal temperature of roast is 155°F to 160°F (approximately 65°C to 70°C).
- Remove from oven; strain juices into saucepan. Add water to make 1 cup. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; add to saucepan and cook and stir over high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Slice roast and serve with apples and sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 320 calories Protein 37 grams Fat 13 grams Sodium 125 milligrams Cholesterol 110 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 12 grams Fiber 1 gram.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.