Individual pork rolls filled with strips of sweet bell peppers and zucchini, simmered in a barbecue sauce amped up with coffee. Serve with a tossed salad and roasted new potatoes.
6 pork cutlets
1 red, green or yellow pepper
1 medium zucchini
1/2 medium onion
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
2/3 cup strong black coffee
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pound cutlets to 1/4-inch thickness if necessary. Set aside.
- Remove stem and seeds of pepper; cut into 18 strips.
- Cut zucchini in half crosswise; then cut each half into strips.
- Cut the onion into 6 wedges.
- Place 3 strips of pepper and zucchini and 1 wedge of onion on each cutlet. Roll around vegetables and fasten with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan; brown the pork rolls on all sides. Pour off excess fat.
- Mix the barbecue sauce, coffee and sugar together; pour over the pork rolls. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.