Pork Shoulder with Dried Strawberry Chipotle Chutney
Recipe courtesy of California Strawberry Commission.
1 (4 to 6 pound) pork shoulder or Boston Butt Roast
Seasoned Pepper Blend
1/2 yellow onion, small diced
1/2 cup of port wine
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 chipotle pepper, chopped fine
1 (6-ounce) bag dried strawberries
- Heavily season roast with salt and pepper blend, rubbing the seasoning into the meat.
- Place in a baking pan, put into preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 2 1/2 hours or until roast reaches an internal temperature of 150°F (68.3°C).
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
- For Chutney: Combine the yellow onion and port in a sauté pan, reduce wine until almost dry over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. Used with permission.